Monday, November 30, 2009

Art Show and Sale

I just finished up an art show/sale over the Thanksgiving weekend and it was a blast. I joined 7 other artists in presenting our work over the course of the weekend with lots of shoppers and wonderful folks who appreciate fine art.

The show was in the Scholls area just south of Beaverton/Hillsboro where we rented a Grange hall for the exhibit. Thanks to the organizers, Chehalem Mountain Pottery for providing the impetus for the show and provide much of the logistics.

I constructed a booth to display framed prints as well as tables (with skirts) to display matted prints and my portfolio. Lighting, signage, cards...the whole sheebang was needed to pull off a professional show in a short time. I thankfully finished all of my preparations with enough time to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday.

I had on display framed images ranging from 8"x12" to 12" x 18" showcasing some of my finer images from the Northwest as well as Antelope Canyon. I had a range of other images for sale that were matted and bagged.

I spent the weekend talking to lots of appreciative folks, many who knew photography. I had a fantastic time with customers as well as the other artists.

All in all, a fantastic show was had by all. Look for it next year as well.

John

p.s. A very nice honor came to me late on Sunday when I was invited to a juried art show that is happening this summer. Enough of the artists from that show reviewed my work, discussed it and then decided to extend an invitation to me. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment